Monday, November 30, 2009

Limited apps in Wave Beta future Google problem

First, let me confess I love new technology and am a big Google fan. Love the company and love all of their new projects and work but I am a little frustrated (and from seeing a few conversations think I may not be alone)
Now that wave invites are more abundient and more people are going to be waving, I wonder if they share a bit of my frustration with:
- Limited applications to use in this relatively unstructured environment; or,
- My perception of few applications/gadgets currently available'
What I am wondering is if the lack of apps out of the box will hurt Wave a bit. You know what they say- first impressions mean alot..or whatever that phrase was...

What do you think?? Hey the Google guys are one of the smartest players so maybe I'm missing something here- why weren't there more appls out of the box?

What are your thoughts

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Frank.

    Pls DO add me to a couple of useful Waves. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike google docs, google wave is unimpressive for the exact reason you mention - it is a raw environment. Give it some time as developers jump on the wagon. If the platform survives, it will one of the more innovative ones for collaboration.

    ReplyDelete